A Group-wide sustainability strategy leads the way

Our Group-wide sustainability strategy links our core operations with our ambitions to promote the UN Sustainable Development Goals. The strategy, which we have worked with since its adoption in 2017, is built on four focus areas concerning products, materials, climate and sourcing. These focus areas work together with our other strategic initiatives concerning resource efficiency and employees.

Sustainable innovations

Under our brands, we offer kitchens that last for years. This long-term perspective requires remaining on the leading edge, developing products that meet the needs of both today and tomorrow. Sustainability is thus a central theme in our concept and product development.

  

TARGET 2020:

We have implemented a sustainability scorecard to evaluate the sustainability performance of our new kitchen products as regards choice of materials, design, and functionality.

 

 

 

TARGET FULFILMENT:

The scorecard was used for product evaluation of all new products during the product launches for the year and has provided new perspectives on materials evaluation and design for circularity. 

 

UN GLOBAL COMPACT PRINCIPLES:

1, 7, 8, 9  

 

 

 

Read more about Sustainable innovations

Timber from sustainable sources

Wood is the main component of our products. Wood is renewable, recyclable and durable. Being a sustainable choice requires that it comes from responsible forestry so that we can contribute to a sustainable forest.

 

TARGET 2020:

100 per cent wood from sustainable sources such as forests certified under acknowledged forest standards, recycled wood or wood from our suppliers who have been audited and approved for sustainability.

 

 

TARGET FULFILMENT:

91 per cent of Nobia’s total timber and wood materials originates from a certified source, and the remaining 9 per cent comes from our audited and approved suppliers. Moreover, at least 70 per cent of all timber and wood materials purchased in the UK region was from FSC® or PEFC™ certified sources, with full traceability all the way to the customer.

 

UN GLOBAL COMPACT PRINCIPLES:

2, 7, 8, 9

 

UN SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT GOALS:

   

 

Read more about Responsible sourcing

Reduce CO2 emissions

We are working steadily to reduce our direct emissions from production and transport; at the same time, we want our products to allow consumers to live more eco-friendly at home.

 

TARGET 2020:

100 per cent renewable electricity in all our production facilities on all markets.

FULFILMENT:

100 per cent renewable electricity in all production facilities is already achieved.. During the year, 100 per cent renewable electricity was also introduced in all own stores.

 

UN GLOBAL COMPACT PRINCIPLES:

7, 8, 9

 

UN SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT GOALS:

 

Read more about the Global Compact and Sustainable Development Goals

Responsible sourcing

A sustainable supply chain and good relations with our suppliers are crucial for offering attractive products to our customers. That is why we are continually working on requirements and creating transparent and efficient partnerships with responsible suppliers.

 

TARGET 2020:

We have ensured a new programme for suppliers that includes risk analysis, an audit programme, and a channel for reporting violations of our Code of Conduct for Suppliers. We intend to work further down the supplier chain.

TARGET FULFILMENT:

The programme has been implemented, and of the 294 suppliers in the programme, 246 have been approved to date after review and an additional 14 have been approved after audit, a total of 88 per cent. The remainder are being processed.

 

UN GLOBAL COMPACT PRINCIPLES:

1, 2, 4, 5, 7, 8, 10

 

UN SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT GOALS: 

   

 

Read more about the Global Compact and Sustainable Development Goals