Interim report January-September 2017
• Net sales for the third quarter amounted to SEK 2,905 million (2,999).
• Organic growth was a negative 1 per cent (pos: 3).
• Operating profit amounted to SEK 318 million (336), corresponding to an operating margin of 10.9 per cent (11.2).
• Currency losses had an impact of approximately SEK 15 million on the Group’s operating profit, of which a negative 5 million in translation effects and a negative 10 million in transaction effects.
• Profit after tax amounted to SEK 264 million (246), corresponding to earnings per share after dilution of SEK 1.56 (1.46).
• Operating cash flow amounted to SEK 216 million (235).
Consolidated net sales, earnings and cash flow
The market trend for the third quarter is deemed overall to have remained unchanged year-on-year.
Organic growth was a negative 1 per cent (pos: 3), adversely impacted by lower sales volumes and a changed sales mix.
Currency losses of SEK 70 million (losses: 228) impacted sales.
The gross margin improved to 39.3 per cent (39.0), positively affected by higher sales values, which offset currency losses.
Operating profit declined, mainly due to lower volumes and currency losses, which were only partly offset by higher sales values.
The return on operating capital was 31.2 per cent in the past twelve-month period (Jan-Dec 2016: 32.5). The return on equity was 14.4 per cent in the past twelve-month period (Jan-Dec 2016: 13.0).
Operating cash flow declined as a result of lower earnings generation and increased investments.
Comments from the CEO
“Our strong financial position continues to create good opportunities for investing in profitable growth, both organically and through acquisitions. The Nordic growth momentum continues, driven by strong project markets. In the UK, the organic growth was negatively impacted by the phasing out of the B2B customer Homebase, whilst the rest of the business traded just slightly below last year. The gross margin improved and adjusted for currency the operating margin was higher than during the same period last year,” says President and CEO Morten Falkenberg.
For further information
Contact any of the following on +46 (0)8 440 16 00 or +46 (0)705 95 51 00:
• Morten Falkenberg, President and CEO
• Kristoffer Ljungfelt, CFO
• Lena Schattauer, Head of Communication and Investor Relations
Nobia develops and sells kitchens through some twenty strong brands in Europe, including Magnet in the UK; HTH, Norema, Sigdal, Invita, Marbodal in Scandinavia; Petra and A la Carte in Finland and Ewe, FM and Intuo in Austria. Nobia generates profitability by combining economies of scale with attractive kitchen offerings. The Group has approximately 6,000 employees and net sales of about SEK 13 billion. The Nobia share is listed on Nasdaq Stockholm under the ticker NOBI. Website: www.nobia.com
This information is such that Nobia is obliged to made public pursuant to the EU’s Market Abuse Regulation and the Swedish Securities Market Act. The information was submitted for publication, through the agency of the contact person set out above, on 27 October 2017 at 2:00 p.m. CET.