Environment and climate
Nobia's overall environmental impact is relatively small, both from the products and from the manufacturing process. Nevertheless, the company strives to reduce its environmental impact.
The environmental work within Nobia is delegated and integrated into the activities of the different regions and production units. At the group level, focal areas for environmental work have been defined and selected indicators linked to them. Based on the group-wide strategy, the regions set goals and priorities.
- Carbon dioxide emissions - transport, heating and electricity for production
- Energy consumption – electricity and heat consumption
- Choice of materials – wood and chemicals
- Finishing – use of water-based paints, and emissions from solvents
- Waste – recycling and waste reduction
- Packaging – volumes and type of materials
Nobia's carbon dioxide emissions per produced cabinet decreased by 20 per cent during 2017.